The most highly populated state in southern India and the land simultaneously of the Telugu and the Charminar, Andhra Pradesh on the Bay of Bengal offers a plethora of the most diverse tourist experiences. From dilapidated fortresses to untamed wilderness, magnificent monuments to rustic tribal villages, Andhra Pradesh has it all. Home also to a bipolar communal environment, Tourism of Andhra Pradesh has always been a flourishing industry and still has not lost any of the attention due to it. Nalgonda Tour, Nalgonda Tours, Tours To Nalgonda, Tour Packages To Nalgonda, Tour To Nalgonda Andhra Pradesh, Tour To Nalgonda In Andhra Pradesh A municipality in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh, Nalgonda is an archeologist’s delight. Remains and fossils of the Paleolithic and Neolithic age and even of the Mauryan period have been excavated from various regions in Nalgonda. A tour to Nalgonda can be a truly rewarding experience. Nalgonda is located quite at the heart of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
How to Reach
- By Rail: it takes 3-4 hours to reach Nalgonda from Vijaywada and 5-6 hours from Hyderabad.
- By Road: Nalgonda can be easily reached from Hyderabad. A regular bus service connects it to the state capital.
- By Air: Hyderabad Begumpet Airport.
- Vijayapuri ( Once the capital of the Ikshvakus during the 3rd centuary A.D.)
- Bhongir Fort
- Deverakonda Fort
- Pochampalle - The origin of the Bhoodan Movement led by Acharya Vinoba Bhave
- Nagarjuna Sagar
- Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy Temple, Yadagirigutta
- Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy Devasthanam, Mattampally
- Sri Meenakshi Agastheswara Swamy, Wadapally
- Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy Temple, Wadapally
- Sri Lingamanthula Swamy Temple, Durajpally
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple, Suryapet
- Sri Jain Mandir, Kolanpak
- Sri Seetharamachandra Swamy Devasthanam, Ramagiri, Nalgonda
- Jan Pahad Darga, Nereducherla
- Lateef Saheb Gutta, Nalgonda
More great attractions can be found in the Explore Wildlife in India page.